ZymoChem seeks an intern to join and assist our R&D team. Specific responsibilities for this position include assisting the team in constructing DNA plasmids, conducting protein expression and purification, performing in vitro enzyme activity assays, and working with analytical instruments. Ability to coordinate and work with team members is crucial. Additional duties may involve ordering supplies, maintaining an organized laboratory environment, and assisting with other ZymoChem’s efforts. The internship position is intended to be part-time position (~20 hours/week) with the possibility to convert to a full-time appointment. ZymoChem is an equal opportunity employer.
- Progressing towards or completion of a BS or BA in molecular biology, chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as PCR, plasmid DNA purification, PCR primer design, cell cloning and DNA gel electrophoresis.
- Experience with enzyme expression techniques such as enzyme expression, purification, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blot analysis.
- Experience with carrying out enzyme activity assays in 96 well plates.
- Ability to maintain a well-organized laboratory notebook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in a start up environment a plus.
Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Nullam quis risus eget urna mollis ornare vel eu leo. Donec sed odio dui. Nulla vitae elit libero, a pharetra augue.
- Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum
- Pellentesque ornare sem lacinia quam venenatis vestibulum
- Vestibulum id ligula porta felis euismod semper